Next Meeting

The Gathering
of the
Ak-Sar-Ben Amateur Radio Club
will be on 
August 11, 2023
at 6:00 pm
At the
American Red Cross

2912 S. 80th Ave

No Meeting topic

Instead there will be a tailgate Flea Market in the Parking lot
Bring your stuff and/or bring your cash


Featured Shacks


You can obtain a call sign of your own choosing within reason.  The FCC allows licensed amateurs to applly for a new call through the vanity licensing program; you can make an application either by mail or online.   The ARRL outlines the procedure at:   Of course, the call you are asking for has to be available, and must be permitted for you license class, as listed below:

  • Technician and General:  1 by 3 or 2 by 3
  • Advanced:   2 by 2 plus 1 by 3 or 2 by 3
  • Extra:   1 by 2 or 2 by 1 plus any of the above

Note that 1 by 1 call signs are reserved for special-event stations only.

For a more complete description of the vanity call sign program go to: